Saturday, July 20, 2013
Just wanted to share with you today another project I made recently. I started with a plain white canvas board. First I covered the whole thing with a wedding lace that I just love. Then I used an image from a book I bought second hand called Victorian weddings. I just love this image! Then I added a string of acrylic rhinestones down the side of that. At the top of my brief I added a beautiful crocheted cream bow from Jolees. Then I proceeded to decorate the tope and edges with a handmade bead spray and more imroses roses and apple blossoms. Finally I finished it off with a altered TH pocket watch die cut. I used paint, lace gold flecked Modge podge and also some distress tea dye around the edges of this and the outer parts of the whole frame to keep that vintage look. I also used an altered key and die cut inside the pocket watch and added a cute little bird in a cage charm to finish the effect. I must admit I had a wee bit of trouble sending this one off to my swap partner but she seemed very happy to get it!
This little altered frame started with this adorable digi I purchased from sherriethefairly. She is called Messy Bessie and I loved her. I backed her up with an ornate heart die cut after coloring her with my copic markers. I painted the frame first with soft pink then went over it with white crackle paint and added a few touches of pearle MS white acrylic paint. On two sides I used a lovely piece of white lace trim. I added 3 of my handmade flowers and filled in with some cute daisies from iamroses. I also added some pink and whote polka dot trim on the bottom and finished it off with the sweet sheer and satin pink bow on top. Inside the glass I made a soft brown rectangle and covered the top of that with the same lace. Hope you enjoyed looking at my project!
closeup of top
Closeup of the bottom corner.
Hello friends I wanted to update my blog and share with you this little 6 pack I altered for the July Maggie swap on the CMB. I just started with a regular cardboard beer 6 pack and then began to add the papers and embellies. This is a great little cheap storage solution for your paint cans, glues etc!
What I started with
What I started with
I used the Princess pea Tilda on this side colored her with my copics markers and sat her in an ornate gold window die cut with leaves wrapped around it.. The gold flower on top is one I handmade awhile ago and thought it fit perfectly on this handle. I also used a brass TH sentiment on the handle with a little rhinestone crown charm. I cut the border with one of my MS border punches and added some iamroses flowers and some other flatter ones which I layered.
On this I used the Edwin stamp on his charger ( not sure if that is the correct name for it) He of course is doing what any great knight might do to rescue his princess on the other side. I did pretty much the same thing as on the front but added the lock and key to the handle and a different handmade flower on it also. I also cut the Italian doily to give a little more layered look behind Sir Edwin.
This is the end pocket with tag. I scored the pocket so it could be shipped flat in a bubble wrap envie.
My partner, Barb said she really loved it so I am happy she is now able to store her things here.