Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My first all metal project

I made this altered "C" for my swap partner Cindy. I decided to try doing something mostly/all metal.
The trickier part of this was getting the metals to attatch and I finally had success doing that
with Glossy accents. I cut the embellies with my big kick from cut aluminum cans and various dies including the TH tattered florals die, a on the edge distressed doily die. and my smaller bird cage die (TH) I also used a flourish I got from
Kaui Melody in another swap and altered the flower part a little. I have found that the adirondak salmon color alcohol ink makes the aluminum look coppery and I like the effect I get. I then used some flousihes
(also attatched with glossy accents) and copper stckles. I really like the look of this an my partner also said she loved it, hope you will too. Thanks for stopping by, Kathy


  1. Oh Kathy, I love this!! Very clever, very cool looking!!!! Awesome job, I'm sure she will love it!!!!

  2. Kathy! I stopped by to check your blog out and some of your past creations!! you did an awesome job!! great job!! hugs