Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shabby chic altered canvas

Just wanted to share with you today another project I made recently. I started with a plain white canvas board. First I covered the whole thing with a wedding lace that I just love. Then I used an image from a book I bought second hand called Victorian weddings. I just love this image! Then I added a string of acrylic rhinestones down the side of that. At the top of my brief I added a beautiful crocheted cream bow from Jolees. Then I proceeded to decorate the tope and edges with a handmade bead spray and more imroses roses and apple blossoms. Finally I finished it off with a altered TH pocket watch die cut. I used paint, lace gold flecked Modge podge and also some distress tea dye around the edges of this and the outer parts of the whole frame to keep that vintage look. I also used an altered key and die cut inside the pocket watch and added a cute little bird in a cage charm to finish the effect. I must admit I had a wee bit of trouble sending this one off to my swap partner but she seemed very happy to get it!

 
 

 


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Ms. Kathy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy, it's gorgeous!!!! I was reading about it and thinking, oh, I hope she's keeping it!!! How is it that we send off our beautiful creations??? I do know, though, it really feels good to have someone care for it as much as you do!!!!
    Hope all is going well...
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alecia, I wondered where you went...thanks for the nice words!

    Teri, Yeah it seems when people see all these crafts around my house they think I made them all, when in truth, most of the ones I made are sitting in someone else's house. LOL

    ReplyDelete