Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Princess Altered Jewelry Box

Hello Ladies,
I just finished making this precious pink jewelry box for my sweet
grand daughter who is having her 5th birthday next week. Besides the outside
there were three "layers" I had to work on. Since she loves princesses
I decided on the princess theme. I started painting the box with a soft pink
acrylic paint then went over it with a creamy off white, leaving some of the pink showing thru. Then I used the TH white crackle paint, glazed around the edges
and finger painted some crystl stickles around the top frame of the top.
Then I got out the Modge Podge and adhered my "Once Upon a Time" paper
to the top, bottom, sides of lid and inside the seperated trays. After that dried
I began the really fun part of adding the embellishment. First I added a gorgeous
line of mini cream bloomers on the bottow (outside) then I also went around the whole box with another line of a soft creamy ribbon ruffle trim.
On the top I used a Prima Pink and white flower and butterfly,
the PRINCESS word and the Princess figure itself.
Then I decided to also embellish the mirror on the inside of the lid.
I used flowers, leaves, a crystal flourish, and a mini frame which I also altered,
changing it from silver to gold tone and addding the pink bling and stickles around the edge. Finally I cut my pic of Eva to fit frame and adhered with my Fabritac glue. I also colored Eva's name with Krylon 18 kt gold leafing pen and edged the seperated areas also with this. I am hoping this will be a really special gift
for my sweet Grand daughter that she will treasure.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kathy                             
                                                   Top and front

The bottom of box under the 2 seperated trays



The mirror and seperated trays




4 comments:

  1. Kathy, this turned out beautiful! She will love it and hopefully keep it for years cause grandma made her something so pretty! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shewill love this Kathy. Great job..and it is fit just for a PRINCESS. How adorable!
    HUGS
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies, it was fun working with the pink,
    flowers ruffles and of course the "princess theme"

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMgosh Kathy this turned out DARLING!!! I LOVE it and its perfect for your lil' Princess!!! How sweet!! I LOVE all the details on this, beautiful job hun!!!
    hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete