Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My first weekend crop

Grandma J on the CMB message board hosted a weekend crop this past weekend
in Galesburg IL. I talked my sweet sister, who is just a beginner crafter, into
joining me for this and we had a blast. We were also to make an altered frame
with our screenname and real name and on Sunday we all voted on our favorite
ones. I was so thrilled and suprised when Janice walked up to me and handed me the prize basket and told me I had won. Woo hoo more goodies to take home. We all donated snacks and door prizes and I think almost all of us got
3 door prizes plus we made little cute or yummy things for each person and
tucked them in a little canvas goodie bag made by Janice. It was amazing to
finally meet face to face so many of the ladies I have been swapping with over the past year and in fact I also had a box swap face to face with heart2hand while there...more amazing craft goodies. Wow! All I can say is this was a wonderful weekend and also I learned and taught some new techniques
to the ladies. Thanks so much Grandma J for all your hard work!

My 1st altered frame, I used allot of my fav things on this, my fav color of blue,
my fav pic of my family when the kids were little, stickles,my fav scripture verse, (1 Cor:13) some of my fav embellies like the dress form, butterfly, lace and pearls. Heartfelt thanks to all who voted for me and for stopping by.

                                                          

                           Here I am with my frame and the prize basket


The grp pic taken on Sunday


3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for coming to my crop Kathy! It was soooo great to finally meet you in person! And your frame deserved to win, it was wonderful!! See you again next year, if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy...it was sheer delight to meet you and your sister Mary at the crop. I'm soo looking foward to the next one and having a great time with you all again. PLEASE bring Mary..she is simply the sweetest lady!
    HUGs
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes she is, I love my sis. Time will tell
    if we are able to attend next year. I kinda
    take it one day at a time. However I really loved meeting you, Janice and all the ladies
    there. What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete